Jane Daly's Worklife Podcast - Stella Collins: Bring on the Learning Revolution
In this episode Jane talks to Stella Collins, Neuroscientist, and explores bringing on the Learning Revolution!
Stella is founder and Chief Learning Officer at Stellar Labs and one of the Brain Ladies.
She is an acknowledged expert on the practical application of science-based learning to business performance and is author of Kogan Page’s sell-out book ‘Neuroscience for Learning and Development’, already translated into 3 other languages. Stella inspires audiences at international learning conferences and is regularly invited as a guest on round table discussions, webinars, podcasts and blogs.
Stella has a clear understanding of the challenges faced by people in organisations asked to deliver tough or technical training and applies principles from neuroscience and psychology to create practical solutions to transform learning cultures. She regularly consults, designs and delivers face to face, virtual and digital training herself, so she knows the principles work in the real world and deliver genuine return on investment. Stella has trained 1,000s of learning professionals in brain friendly principles in her more than 20 years in L&D.
She has a BSc in Psychology, an MSc in Human Communication, is a Fellow of the Institute of Training and Occupational Learning and through Stellar Labs she returns to her roots in the IT industry.
If you are looking to explore more about Neuroscience and how to bring on the learning revolution, Stella recommends:
- The Stella Labs programme currently called Conscious Learning – but we’re about to rename it to Learning Agility – the page right now is here https://programmes.stellarlabs.eu/conscious-learning-programme
- The Stella labs Future of Learning Podcasts: https://blog.stellarlabs.eu/-
- A valuable resource for anyone new to designing online learning / webinars right now – here’s the pocketbook (cowritten by Andy Lancaster) https://www.pocketbook.co.uk/product/webinars-pocketbook/
And other books Stella recommends on the brain:
- Brain Rules by John Medina - Click here
- Neuroscience for Organisational Change by Hilary Scarlett - Click here
- Brain Matters by Margie Meecham – another Brain Lady - Click here
You can find our more about Stella and how to contact Stella Labs here
Enjoyed this episode? There's lots more to listen to, sign up here to find out more
Be part of the conversation by adding a comments below
No comments have been added yet